Welcome to week eight of 23 Things. There is only one task this week, which is convenient because of the Melbourne Cup Day holiday.
Remember the list of Google products and services from last week? Imagine being able to access all of those products from the one website. This is what iGoogle allows you to do.
Google offers the ability to create a personalized iGoogle page that gives you at-a-glance access to key information from Google and across the web. On this self-designed page, you can choose and organize content such as:
- Your Gmail email account
- Headlines from Google News and other news sources
- Weather forecasts, stock quotes, and movie showtimes
- Bookmarks for quick access to your favorite sites from any computer
- Your own section with content you find from across the web
- Google Book Search
Go to iGoogle (log in if you have to) and you'll see your new iGoogle home page. Now you can customise it.
Try adding the following gadgets:
- Google Map Search gadget
- Google Book Search gadget
- One of the Facebook gadgets
- Google Docs and Spreadsheet gadget
Create a post in your blog page about this exercise. Don’t know what to write about? Think about these questions: Do you like iGoogle? What improvements would you suggest to Google? Would you like to work at Google?
This week's task was originally written by Kat Clancy of Deakin University